The Brazos River in Richmond is currently at Gage Elevation 37.37 feet (Action Stage). The WGRFC is forecasting the Brazos River in Richmond to hit Gage 38.3 feet on Tuesday, April 30.
After several days of dry sunny weather, the next week could be a mix of cloudy, wet weather. Through Tuesday, we could see some partly sunny to cloudy skies with chances around 30%. Starting Wednesday, our rain chances increase to 70% with the possibility of heavy rain occurring Wednesday and Thursday. The location of the heaviest rain has shifted several times over the past 2 to 3 days, but the current forecast shows the heaviest rainfall occurring in northeast Texas with the potential for 4 to 5 inches. For the Brazos River watershed upstream of Hempstead, the forecasts are showing between 2 to 3 inches with the area downstream of Hempstead receiving 0.5 to 1.5 inches over the next 7 days. We will continue to watch for changes in these forecast, but it is possible that the Brazos River through Richmond could remain elevated in Action Stage, around Gage Elevation 30, through the beginning of next week.
Below is a summary of the current Reservoir Status.