- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- FBCLID 14 encourages you to get flood insurance, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
- Sign up for alerts from the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management.
- Fort Bend County Drainage District
- Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management Twitter
For more information about the District’s stormwater management plan, please visit: cleanbayous.org.
Did you know that the stormwater currently receives no treatment?
Water that flows into your storm water drainage system goes directly into our creeks, bayous, rivers, and bays. Because standards of water quality affect every resident in your District, remembering “only rain down the drain” and adhering to this approach will help improve the water quality of our streams, rivers and lakes.
Non-allowable discharges, such as out waste, grass clippings, tree trimmings, oils and grease are a violation of a state-issued stormwater permit. Making an illegal discharge into the storm sewer may be punishable by fines and/or water service termination, per your District’s rate order.
Remember, whatever is put down the storm drain is untreated and flows into the Waters of the USA!
If you see any spills or illegal dumping into the storm drains, your District Operator, or Storm Water Solutions should be contacted as soon as possible. Call the Storm Water Solutions 24-hour phone number at 713.935.1044, or you can use cleanbayous.org to file a report.
To find additional information about stormwater quality, please visit www.cleanbayous.org.
The District’s Stormwater Management Plan is now available on http://cleanbayous.org.
If you’d like to sign up to receive important news and updates from the district via text messages, you can send a text message to the number 797979 with the words FBLID14 and you’ll be registered.How Do I Sign Up for Text Alerts?